Sunday 30 August 2020

3 Episodes Dropped For Ether

Due to how lengthy development has been for Ether and due to other factors, I've decided to drop the idea of having the game split into 3 episodes.

This is mostly due to the fact that what was originally planned to only be episode 1 will be a pretty much full length game in its own right and the story will be able to stand on its own just fine.

I realize I may have overreached a bit and been a bit overambitious as to make 3 episodes of the same length without a full team, so it makes sense to scale the game down like this and instead save the ideas I had for episodes 2 and 3 and merge both into Ether 2.

As a result, I will not release the entire game for free, but I'll make sure to have a short demo available when the game is complete that will be available for free. This demo will consist of the first area of the game to give players a good feel for the game.

At some point, I'll close the public testing phase once I get serious about selling the game. I truly hope you guys will continue backing the project once I reach this stage. The plan is to finish the game and sell it on itch.io, with plans to bring it to Steam and GOG.com eventually.

TLDR: Episode  1 of Ether is going to be the first game to shrink the scope of development. Episodes 2 and 3 will be merged together as Ether 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment