Saturday 30 April 2016

[Sentient Ion] New stuff and immunity

So I was working on Sentient Ion today as C'than wanted some new enemies and I struggled a bit with a Thwomp-like enemy (seriously, I never imagined it would be so hard to program an enemy that falls down on you), but got it solved fairly quickly.

Anyway, as I was working I realized that immunity is a pretty useful thing in platformers. What I'm talking about is the brief period of immunity after you get hurt. So far I haven't included it in either ETHER or Sentient Ion but I decided to put it into both games to give the player a chance to catch their bearings after taking a hit from an enemy, since I've had problems during testing where I'd get stuck on enemies and such.

Sentient Ion is definitely having a very brisk development pace but will be a lot simpler than Ether in comparison so Ether will most likely take up a lot more development time. We hope to have Sentient Ion done fairly soon, at least the first episode and release it for free. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment